Friday 1 April 2016

Happy April/ April Fools Day!



Happy April everyone!

I feel like March went by particularly quickly, it was a really busy month with lots on and felt like there wasn't enough hours in the day so looking forward to April and hoping that it will be a busy but also more relaxed month.

1st of April also means that it is April Fools' Day! Anyone doing any pranks today?

April Fools' Day is a long running tradition. The first recorded association between 1st April and pranks/ foolishness was in 1392!


I found this ticket from the Tower of London for washing the lions (!). No event ever took place but it is an early example of an April Fools prank which made me smile so I thought I would share with you all. It dates from 1837!

If you are looking to do your own pranks this April fools day there are some fun ideas over here on this Buzzfeed article 

Have a great month everyone

The Dorothy Days X


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!