Wednesday 5 August 2015

Wordless Wednesday - Beautiful Sunflower

Hello everyone,

Today is meant to be Wordless Wednesday where I post a photograph with no words to describe it but really I am not very good at being wordless so most of the posts end up as nearly wordless wednesdays.....doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it?!

Anyway, today I wanted to share with you all this sunflower photograph I took. I was walking in town and I this planted in someone's garden facing the street. I stopped to admire it and it made me smile so I thought it would be perfect to share on the blog with you all. I have always loved sunflowers as they remind me of my Granny. She was always full of fun and joy so a sunflower perfectly summed her up and they were her favourite flower. Every time I see one I think of her and my memories of her as a child. When I think of her I think of porridge, sunflowers, her songs and rhymes, humbugs, these dolphin ornaments she used to have and let us hold for a special treat (!!) , and playing with the ducks she bought us for the bath and how counting all the coins in her penny jar was the most fun game ever! She used to write little letters to us and draw sunflowers and little snails all around the edge of the paper which I loved getting as a little girl.

Hope this sunflower makes you smile as it has made me smile too!

The Dorothy Days Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!