Friday 14 September 2012

5 things I love about Autumn The Dorothy Days


Hello everyone,

I am really quite excited this year that it is Autumn so I thought I would share with you 5 things I love about the Autumn. Would love to hear what your top 5 would be as well.

1) Nights spent in with family or friends snuggled up in front of the fireplace. We have a little log burner which gives off amazing heat and is also wonderful to have in the room and watch. I love the sounds that the fire makes and also the different colours. Watching it is rather mesmerising.

via
2) Going to the beach when it is windy. I almost love going to the beach when it is windy as much as I do when it is sunny. It is lovely to walk along the coast in a pair of wellies (Wellington boots). Makes you feel all refreshed :). 

3) Bonfire night!! Such good fun :)

4) Making lots of lovely warming meals for supper. I get really into making soups and casseroles in the Autumn time.

via

5) The leaves in all the different colours, it makes everywhere look so beautiful (it is also rather fun to play in!)


What are your top five things that you love about Autumn ?

The Dorothy Days

3 comments:

  1. 1) Thanksgiving celebration with family
    2) Refreshing rain
    3) Turkey and Pumpkin pie
    4) Being home with the kids on school break
    5) Autumn colors (wish we had seasonal changes here and I could see the leaves change colors)

    Thanks for this fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Cool and crisp smells in the air
    2. The feeling that everyone around me is getting excited about the holidays
    3. Feeling like time is slowing down just a bit into a relaxed calm
    4. The smell of cinnamon baking
    5. Have hot drinks outside in the cold

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Wearing layers and scarves, gloves, hats and boots.
    2. Long walks in the countryside
    3. Sitting by a log fire
    4. walking through crunchy leaves!
    5. Bonfire night

    P.s Where is that beautiful photo taken? (No 5)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!