Friday 22 June 2012

Dorothy Days features...Madelena from Brocante Art

Hello everyone :),

Today I am featuring Madalena from BrocanteArt for my Feature Friday feature. Madalena is based in England in the beautiful historic town of Berkhamsted. Her shop is a treasure trove of  vintage and antique haberdashery. Madalena has a background in Art and design and 'enjoys adding a little conceptual twist to [her] styling and photos' so all of her product listings are beautifully photographed and are like art photography in themselves.

She is a collector of haberdashery and sells her surplus on Etsy and also at local fairs. She says 'I find it hard to part with some of my pieces at times' and I can see why, her products are absolutely beautiful! She has her own collection of antique lace and says that she is "truly passionate, sometimes obsessed with vintage and antique haberdashery".

Here are some of my favourite items from her shop....

I love this collection of four antique spools. They are on wooden bobbins and were made by the French manufacturer Dollfus Mieg & Co. Please take a look here



This selection of vintage lace would be great for little craft projects.

I wish I had something I could make with this lovely early 20th C French ruffle tape

In other exciting news.....
My Poole Pottery jug has been featured on the Etsy Contest which I wrote about in this blog post. I would really appreciate if you would vote for me in it. You can do so by clicking here and clicking my jug

My Poole Pottery jug which has been featured
Thank you!!!

Have a wonderful weekend
The Dorothy Days (Vintage and Handmade) X

6 comments:

  1. Madelena's images are really pretty. Thank you for introducing her to your readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at Madelena's shop.

      Delete
  2. I voted for your beautiful pottery. Thank you for sharing that fun site. Have a great weekend as well =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :). That is really kind of you!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!